From Blood Wiki
NPherno's MD3 Compiler is a small but useful tool to preview and tweak MD3 models.
- MD3, ASE, 3DS files support
- Export as MD3
- Inspection of model structure (surfaces, materials, shading, frames, tags)
- Alter materials assigned to surface
- Remove selected frame/surface
- Rebuild normals using UV seams or smooth mode
 Known bugs
Bug: When altering surface material or name, changes are not saved until some another surface is selected. To apply changes click on dropbox and select some surface.
Bug: Normals are not loaded for ASE and 3DS, must rebuild them.